Centaurea Homes Limited is committed to maintain the security of your data and respecting your privacy rights. We will handle your data fairly and legally. We will ensure that we are transparent about what data we collect from you and how we will use your data.
We will use this privacy notice to explain to you the types of personal data Centaurea Homes may collect about you when you interact with us, whether this is in our offices, when you are using your mobile device or accessing Centaurea Homes online.
We may need to update this notice from time to time and we will update you with any significant changes however we encourage you to check this notice every so often to become aware of any updates.
Who are we?
We are Centaurea Homes Limited, a private limited company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is The Quadras Centre, Woodstock Way, Boldon Colliery, NE35 9PF. We are the controller of your personal data. Together with South Tyneside Homes who we employ as our representative to manage our developments, we will gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations.
What is personal information?
Personal information is the information that identifies a living individual or which could, with other information that we hold, identify that individual.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We may collect and process your personal data for the following reasons:
- So that we may comply with any legal obligation that we may have;
- In order to exercise our rights under a contract with you;
- In the pursuit of our legitimate interests (see below); or
- Where you have consented to the processing.
This includes, but is not limited to, information you or a joint purchaser provides:
- When you / they contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, be email or post;
- At the time of reserving a property to purchase from us;
- At the time of purchasing options and extras from us;
- During the course of purchasing from us and / or selling a property to us in part-exchange.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Centaurea Homes including:
- Selling and supplying our homes and services
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health and safety and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our services and products;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customer’s behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handing customer contacts, queries or disputes;
- Protecting Centaurea Homes, South Tyneside Homes and its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Centaurea Homes; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, employees, shareholders and stakeholders.
What personal information does Centaurea Homes collect?
We will collect information about your visit to our website. This may include your IP address (this is the number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are online); operating systems, browser type, and device used to access the website; when and how you accessed the website; and if you joined the website from another website.
Why do we process your personal data?
We collect and process and in some cases share your personal data:
- To verify your identity;
- To process and manage your purchase of a property from us and provide after sales services;
- To carry out obligations required from any contract between you and us;
- To facilitate the provision of warranties from a property purchased from us;
- To monitor customer satisfaction including processing customer satisfaction surveys;
- To notify utility suppliers and local authorities about your new property and about any property we have purchased from you in part exchange;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about any changes to our services; and
- To contact you about new developments and house types that may meet your needs. If you have not yet reserved a property with us we will contact you in this way only if you have consented to us using your personal data in this way.
We do not share or disclose your personal data without your consent unless we are specifically required to by law.
Where we do use third parties they are trusted third parties who only process personal data on our specific instructions and they will fully comply with this privacy notice, data protection laws and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may disclose your information to third parties if:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- In order to apply or enforce a contract with you; or
- To protect our rights, property, or our safety and / or the safety of our customers or others.
- We have a contract in place with another company to deliver services on our behalf
- You have consented to disclosure or sharing.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and contractors to provide information and services to you on our behalf and / or in order to fulfil our contracts with you.
We will also share your personal information with suppliers of services in respect of;
- Any property you reserve from us;
- The sale of the property and/ or the purchase of your existing property in part exchange;
These third parties may include:
- Estate and managing agents;
- Financial and legal advisors;
- Any relevant mortgage provider;
- The National House Building Council (NHBC) or similar;
- Utility and service providers; and
- Local authorities.
We may share your information with:
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Mail processing contractor
- Data processors that work on our behalf.
Only necessary information will be shared and we will seek to anonymise and depersonalise information wherever possible.
If you have indicated that you are participating in government schemes to assist you in your purchase we will share your information with the relevant government schemes.
On request of a third party organisation, we may share information for the purpose of fraud or crime prevention. We do not require your permission to share your information for this purpose and we may not notify you that we have done so. This may include sharing data with law enforcement bodies, such as the Police or HMRC.
When we share data with other organisations:
- We provide only the information that they need for their specific services
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes that we specify in our contract with them
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or anonymised
- Where possible, we ensure that the data we share is anonymous and depersonalised.
You have the right to opt out of data sharing arrangements if no statutory requirement exists, but our ability to share information enables us to improve our services to you.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
Security and Surveillance
We use CCTV on various sites for the safety of and prevention of crimes committed against our staff, our customers, our equipment and our properties, not for other monitoring purposes.
We retain personal data in line with retention policies based on legislation and/or best practice.
We will use the information you have provided us with to tailor our communications with you about our future activities in your preferred communications method or via social media. We will use the information you have provided to us to target our digital and social media advertising effectively.
If you would prefer we didn’t use your information to provide you with marketing materials in any of the ways listed above then you have the right to tell us to stop and can do so by getting in touch with us.
Where your data may be processed
The GDPR primarily applies to controllers and processors located in the European Economic Area (the EEA) with some exceptions. Individuals risk losing the protection of the GDPR if their personal data is transferred outside of the EEA. The GDPR restricts transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the rights of the individuals in respect of their personal data are protected in another way.
Centaurea Homes use external third parties who are based outside of the UK therefore their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside of the UK. A transfer of data outside the protection of the GDPR is a restricted transfer.
We will ensure your personal data remains protected by ensuring that third parties ensure adequate protections are in place by utilising one of the following:
- An adequacy decision or an appropriate safeguard
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purpose of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data he/she will be disclosed to
- How long we intended to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe we hold any inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and / or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
If you would like your personal data to be removed or the use to be amended, you have the right to request:
- Your personal data to be deleted from our records
- The use / processing of your personal data to be restricted in accordance with data protection laws
- To opt out of any direct marketing from us
- To be informed about any automated decision making that we use.
When we are under a legal obligation to retain your information we will clarify the requirements surrounding the extent to which you can exercise your rights.
If you would like to make a request around the processing of your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not obliged to provide us with your data however we will not be able to offer our products or services without it.
Lodging a complaint
If you are not happy with this notice, believe we have processed your data in an unfair or unjust way or are non-compliant with data protection laws and you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us and we will carefully consider your complaint and respond to you. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office).